Erika's sense of humor is a huge bright spot in our family. She definitely has a different way of thinking and viewing things than the rest of us. And oh, how we love her for it.
1. Rob was working on a biology class assignment making a deciduous forest biome. So during that week we said the word, deciduous, more than we ever do and we all took interest in the project. The evening after it was due, Erika asked Rob if he got his 'Jewish forest' turned into class.
2. Country music plays everywhere here and the radio stations are rather entertaining. (In fact, KJ97 won a CMA for large market radio station)
Erika and I were walking to the park and she randomly asked me if we had a 'fiddle in our van'. I told her we didn't and asked why she wanted to know that. She replied, "I heard a song: if you want to play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in your van." That's BAND, chicky, if you're going to play music in Texas.
3. One day as we were walking into Target, we found $60 laying on the sidewalk. I immediately looked around for someone walking nearby... no one. I picked it up to take to the customer service desk. Clint was concerned if we moved it, the person wouldn't know to look for their money inside. I explained customer service was also for lost and found items and it was really better to do that than to leave it for someone else to pick up. The whole time Erika seemed oblivious to what was going on and to our conversation. However, as we walked away from the desk, she patted my arm reassuringly and said, "I know that was a hard choice for you to make, but you did the right thing..."
4. In a crowded bathroom that suddenly got very quiet, Erika yelled from the stall: "Mom... what are fem-i-NINE pro-ducts? It says not to flush them down the toilet and I don't know what it means. Does it mean toilet paper?! Mooooom...!?"
No comments:
Post a Comment