Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life in Texas

1. January has meant refining all of our unpacking. In other words, we threw everything where we thought we wanted it and now I'm going back through and organizing it to fit what we need and how we use it.

And on a side note, one of my favorite blogs is Better After. It simply showcases 'before' and 'afters' of rooms, furniture, and accessories... There are several things I need to redo and repurpose to fit this house and I find this site inspiring. And clearly, I am reminded that I under utilize spray paint.

2. It is so good to be outside! Even though I have a lot to do inside (see #1!) I find I'd rather be outside enjoying the sun and warm temps. We typically don't let the kids watch TV on weekdays and it used to be a source of protest in the winter months, but they hardly mention it now. They love meeting up with neighbor children and enjoying the outdoors. The dry creek bed is a continual source of adventure.

3. We have been attending a church we all enjoy since November. It's been nice to take a break from visiting different churches. We went to 10 before we decided to stay at our current one and take a deeper look.

4. We're looking forward to our visitors! We have friends and family coming to visit us and we are so excited to spend time with them and show them our new 'turf' !! Please email/facebook message us if you are going to be in the area, or need to come here-- we'd love to meet up with you!

5 comments:

AMY said...

I love these Texas posts! I am going to check out that website. I love that stuff. . . and spray paint. . . thanks!

A urora said...

I'm so glad you saw the link... I thought of you and your love of spray paint. You should submit some of your transformations!

Unknown said...

Amy, missing you as always! That Better After website is dangerous... I accidentally spent 10 minutes just browsing when I only had about 2 minutes to spare!!! :)

A urora said...

I know. And I bought some spray paint. ;-)

A urora said...

I meant, 'I know that www is dangerous', not 'I know you're missing me'. ha!