2. I think one of the most stressful things about this move has been dealing with customer service especially when it's via the telephone. Since we've been cancelling services, scheduling new services, closing accounts, setting up accounts, changing our address and bank information, making appointments, registering for schools, and asking questions-- we've found ourselves on customer hotlines A LOT. Pottery Barn and Directv get an A plus. Cincinnati Bell gets a F minus. Actually, make that a zero.
3. Furniture shopping is a chore. We shopped online and hit the stores. We stopped in one store which offered 250 different kinds of leather in 400 colors. Did you know there were that many kinds of leather? I asked Rob this and he replied, "I only knew of two: real and fake." This store also had a $52,299. sofa. I just had to sit on it. I tried to take a cell phone photo of the price tag, but the sales lady was on to me. Needless to say, this was not our store (and I didn't think the couch was that great)
4. It's hard to believe it's November. The weather outside does not match the Midwest calendar we are used to... I really need to step up my Christmas shopping timeline and prepare for Thanksgiving travel, but my inner clock is stuck in September.
5. We found a local moving company to come and get our big pile of empty boxes & packing paper and we can see the floor of the garage now! We are close to getting our vehicles parked in there... but still have some work to do...
6. We went rustic shopping last week. There are a lot of little markets with metal art, outdoor furniture (outdoor rooms are huge here), chimneas, pottery, and now Christmas decorations. Didn't buy anything, just gathered up some ideas and now we're pondering the possibilities.
7. The cross country season is officially over. Rob's coach requires each runner to keep a log of their miles and journal their runs during the season. Rob's total was 275 miles! (And he had light duty practices with his stitches) He also took a total of 8 minutes off his time during the season. We're so proud of Rob and all of his hard work!
8. Our family is signed up for the 'Henry County Huffin' for Stuffin' 5k race on Thanksgiving morning. This will be Erika's first full 5k and I told her we could just walk it. But I was talking to her teacher yesterday and found out Erika has been running laps during recess to get ready for the race. I better step up my training. ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment