Everything we want to take with us to Texas has to be at the house,
so we cleaned out the storage unit this weekend.
(Todd is ordering Chinese take out)
We hung out at the park and let Gretchen swim one last time in her favorite pond.
I felt bad for Erika, she has been sick since Thursday...
never fun to be ousted from your home when you don't feel well.
Sunday, August 8th, was our 18th Anniversary.
We celebrated by ordering Chipotle and trying to stay awake.
Today and tomorrow, I'm prepping for our packers.
Tuesday, the appliances get prepped.
Wednesday, our packers arrive early.
Thursday, everything gets loaded on the truck.
Friday, we clean our empty house and hit the road! 2 adults, 4 kids, 1 dog, (and live plants, memorbilia, chemicals, ammo, flammables) in 2 vehicles.
Monday, arrive at our rental home.
Tuesday, the truck arrives... and we unpack bare essentials.
We're going to travel to Texas via Atanta, New Orleans, Houston and then on to our new city. We will probably want to take the fastest way when we travel back to the midwest for holidays and visits and since we're not in a hurry to get to our place in Texas before our load is due to arrive, we thought we should take the kids through some parts of the country they've not seen before.
We have not sold our house. Time after time, potential buyers give us positive feedback on our home, but opt for a foreclosure house. It's discouraging. Our new plan is to strip the equity out of this house, drop our mortgage to 'interest only', buy a huge house in Texas, then stop making payments on our old house. We'll have the house we want in Texas and the bank can sell our old house for us in a foreclosure deal. We may even get a tax benefit!
And as we prepare for the big move, we keep having showings. As of today, I'm still going to let potential buyers come, but they'll get the house in whatever condition it happens to be in... I'm tired of making piles, then stashing them for showings. It's hard to get momentum going when you are in a 'one step forward, two steps back' mode of productivity. My days are running out...
And I've decided that tonight, I'm going to take Gretchen's tranquilizer. I'll just sleep through the whole packing, loading, roadtripping chaos and wake up in Texas among hundreds of boxes.
4 comments:
Amy, I feel for you. Before you know it, you'll be settled in your new home. Many prayers and hugs going your way.
Try offering a BTSA (bonus to selling agent)...this might prompt the agents to focus buyers in on your home vs. the others. If your scenario involves an employer ultimately assuming the house to sell, perhaps "they" would spring for the bonus dollars. This is how our home finally sold years ago in a similar situation. Good luck!
We have BTSAs, but there is not a home buy out on our relo. With the current state of the economy, hardly anyone is doing that right now.:-(
And we got a call for a showing last night, and I hid everything again... I really mean it today. ha!
Thanks, Pam!!
Love you, Amy, and am praying that this all goes well for you. I sure am glad there is FB and your blog to keep connected!!!
Becky
Post a Comment