***
C wrote an essay to me for Mother's Day. He wrote he loved me because "I'm NOT! mean"
***
During the last week of school, we had a tornado drill. Unfortunately for me, I had the kindergarten class in my art room when the drill happened. As I was instructing them to line up, I could see they were quite concerned about the word 'tornado' and the site of my scurrying about the room. I thought I'd ease their anxiety by saying, "It's just a drill. It's just a drill" But then one student said, "it's not a drill, it's a whistle." I realized they didn't know I meant 'practice' when I said 'drill', so I said, "it's not a real tornado, we're just pretending we're having a tornado..."
And one sweet little boy threw his hands up in the air, and nervously asked, "WHY ARE WE PRETENDING TO HAVE A TORNADO?!?"
***
In art class, I was teaching cartography to my first graders and one little girl named her city: sinsunady. (Cincinnati)
***
C loves dinosaur oatmeal. It's oatmeal with brown sugar eggs that dissolve in the hot water. I haven't been able to find it lately. I finally broke the news to him one evening and he said, "it's okay, mom, I'll move on."
***
E told someone she went to CVS every night last week. She meant VBS...***
A little boy was calling E names at church. She was rather distraught over it and wanted me to talk to the little boy. I decided in this instance to enlighten her that I'm not that little boy's parent and sometimes, you just have to have tough skin in these sort of situations. The next week, she came out of her class reporting he had done it again, but she added, "I know. I know. I am supposed to have dry skin..."
***
1 comment:
Priceless!!! thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment