Thursday, December 31, 2009

See Ya 2009

Usually as each year draws to a close, I slow down my pace and reflect on the previous 365 days with sentimentality and a maybe slight sadness at the passing of another year. It seems the days fly by and I barely get to hold onto and enjoy them in the busyness of our day to day life.

But this year, I'm closing my eyes tight, sprinting with all might toward the 2009 finish line. It's been a very hard year. And I confess, I could not be more ready for 2009 to end. I'm ready to move on to 2010.


Why?


T and I made a hard decision this year.


The kind you have to make for the sake of your family despite the fact others won't like or understand it. The kind you have to make and since you won't share the explicit details, some turn their back to you, while others choose to ascribe wrong motives to it. And there's nothing you can do to set the record straight because you are protecting people you love far more. So you take the hits and the hurt. And leave disappointed and discouraged.


And with all of that comes a plethora of emotion and thoughts and conversations and interactions to sort through. I have found it be a complicated process. While it hurts to go through all of this... I know we made the right decision. And we're thankful to learn what we have when we did. It propelled us to make changes we needed to make.

And most of all, we are truly grateful...



TIME MARCHES ON.


There have been wonderful blessings sprinkled throughout the hardship of this past year. Those little jewels kept us going and we are so grateful for their sparkling presence.

No comments: