Our yard is host to several blue jays and I am estatic about that.
I love blue jays.
My favorite color is blue and since the color blue is rarely seen in nature,
I've always been fascinated with their vibrant blue hues.
Of course, I wanted a photo of one of the little fellows.
This has proven to be rather difficult.
Turns out blue jays are rather smart and elusive birds.
I'd be working away in the kitchen, see a blue jay perch in a good picture taking spot, grab my camera... only to see the bird fly away.
This became the norm around our yard:
See the blue jay, grab the camera, miss the blue jay.
Then the blue jays started taunting me.
One would land on the porch and strut their stuff until the second I snapped the photo and then fly way leaving me with a blue smear or a shot of our empty porch...
or one would land in a tree, but keep their head hidden
like this blue jay did:
But today, I spotted one, reached for my camera,
and had plenty of time to take a shot:

Not sure what to do now.
:-)
2 comments:
Way to stick with it! :) Frame the picture and hang it over your bed!
Success!! :)
Post a Comment